3rd Annual Specialty Fertilizer Global Summit to Be Held in Charlotte
Green Markets hosts the fertilizer industry’s largest event for insight and direction on the business of specialty and value-added products
Keene, NH — October 12, 2017 – Premium or “specialty” fertilizers play an increasingly important role in the portfolio of fertilizer manufacturers, distributors, and retailers. Facing a prolonged downturn in the price of more commoditized products (such as MOP, DAP/MAP, urea), those with a stake in the fertilizer market seek to provide more value, and thus garner higher margins through the sale of multi-nutrient and or more specialized fertilizer products.
Specialty fertilizer formulations can include a variety of novel combinations including: micro-nutrients (zinc, boron, copper, magnesium and more); production processes that allow for slow or controlled release of nutrients; additives that reduce non-beneficial chemical reactions; and liquid formats that allow for more targeted fertilization.
But development of new products and uptake of these products by growers is in a constant state of flux. To keep the industry informed on the current and future state of the market, on December 7, 2017 fertilizer market intelligence firm Green Markets gathers professionals from across the fertilizer industry for the Specialty Fertilizer Global Summit 2017 (www.FertilizerPricing.com/Summit).
This convenient, one-day conference explores the trends and new ideas shaping the specialty and premium fertilizer market. Industry expert speakers include:
- Nigel Grech, Executive Vice President, Verdesian Life Sciences
- John Breen, PhD, Director of Research Alliances and Regulatory Affairs, Actagro
- Justin Stewart, U.S. Marketing Leader, Nitrogen Stabilizers, Dow AgroSciences
- Bradley Shaver, PhD, Specialty Division Agronomist, Helena Chemical
- Peter Aleman, Agronomist, Bio-Gro, Inc.
- Srinivas Makam, Molecular Microbiologist, Global Organics Group
- Christine Lensing, Economist, Specialty Crops, CoBank
- Josh McGill, Process Engineer and Special Projects Manager, Applied Chemical Technology
- Chris Pearson, Chief Revenue Officer, Future Harvest Developments
- Dale Edgington, Purchasing & Production Manager, Cameron Chemicals, Inc.
- Nick Young, Supervising Special Investigator, California Department of Food & Agricultures Fertilizing Materials Inspection Program
- Stephen McMurry, Director of Fertilizer and See Programs, University of Kentucky Regulatory Services
Over 100 fertilizer industry pros made the inaugural 2016 Specialty Fertilizer Global Summit a great learning and networking experience. The 2017 event is expected to be even more significant, and is sponsored by leading companies in the fertilizer and aligned industries including k+s, Eco Agro, Actagro, Sackett Waconia, Applied Chemical Technology, American Plant Food Corporation, CRF TECH, Evonik, Compass Minerals, Bio-Gro, Inc., MET, The Andersons, ICL Specialty Fertilizers, and Cameron Chemicals.
NEW for 2017 a pre-conference fertilizer labeling workshop gives fertilizer manufacturers clarity on current rules, provides them new ideas, and helps them to understand the idiosyncrasies of effective compliant labeling.
For more information and to register for the Specialty Fertilizer Global Summit 2017, visit www.FertilizerPricing.com/Summit or call 800-531-0140 (+1-603-357-8103). For sponsorship information, please contact Jonathan Wentworth-Ping at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +1.603-357-8160.
About Green Markets
Green Markets has been the most trusted, widely read publication for fertilizer business news, analysis and market activities for over 40 years.
Green Markets delivers over 350 trusted price assessments each week: ammonia, urea, other nitrogens, phosphates, potassiums and sulfurs. PLUS — regional market reports that give organizations detailed insight on pricing trends. Along with weekly intelligence services, Green Markets provides proprietary fertilizer market research and analysis, custom data feeds, and confidential Advisory Services.
Green Markets’ parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals.