Inside China Urea:
What to Expect in 2017 and Beyond
Webinar occurred, Thursday, January 19, 2017
Chinese urea production and policy plays a major role in global price-setting.
With capacity in China almost doubling over the past 10 years (despite closing inefficient plants), and the just-announced elimination of export duties, China’s influence will surely be felt in 2017. But what can the urea market expect from this ever-present super power?
This unique webinar from Green Markets takes an inside look at the spectrum of influences on China urea, and its potential to influence prices globally. Order the webinar recording and get on-demand access to to hear the latest thinking on:
- The China urea supply situation: what happened to urea volumes, and why the operating rate is so low
- The latest look at the Chinese urea cost curve, and how will it influence pricing as capacity rises globally
- How the changing Chinese coal market will impact cost of production
- Chinese policies and tariff impacts on production and export levels going forward
- The confidence level of the Chinese urea production data
- PLUS: the webinar speakers answer all your questions during an open Q&A
This web event from Green Markets addressed all these topics, and more. This exclusive learning event gives you clear direction on the current and future implications of global urea prices. Speakers included:
Julia Wang, Principal Consultant
Ms. Wang is a principle consultant in fertilizer market analysis, with a focus on the China market. Previously Julia was a Senior Market Analyst at Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, focusing on China urea and phosphate sourcing, product line analysis and trading strategy recommendations.
Having worked for more than 8 years as General Manager of Koch Fertilizer Beijing, Ms. Wang’s business acumen covers business development, strategic planning, market analysis and fertilizer trading.
Neil Fleishman, CFA, Head of Research
Neil Fleishman is the Senior Industry Analyst for Green Markets. Previously, he worked at the Susquehanna Int. Group as a trading desk Sector Specialist covering both the industrial and energy markets for the firm. He also has experience as a portfolio analyst for Evergreen investments.
Neil, a thought leader, developed three Green Markets Global Fertilizer Quarterly: Supply & Demand, Production Costs and Pricing reports for Nitrogen, DAP/MAP and Potash. The research reports monitor the macro forces shaping global fertilizer prices across the spectrum of nutrients. Providing the foundation for strategic planning, these detailed market studies are an invaluable asset that informs and confirms decision making in an increasingly volatile and globalized fertilizer market.
Along with these models, Neil regularly provides custom consultation on fertilizer supply and demand and is a featured speaker at numerous industry events.
Why order a Green Markets webinar?
- No travel costs or time off site
- Easy, low cost, and valuable market insight
- Ideas and market forecasts you can put into action right away
- Access to experts who really know the market
- Market guidance timed to when you need it most